12 Months Before Settlement:
- Start demonstrating strong saving patterns and ensure you have a cash buffer in place
6 Months Before Settlement:
- Begin preparing all the necessary documents required
- Ensure contact details are up to date
3 Months Before Settlement:
- Engage with a mortgage broker who will assist you to review your borrowing capacity and find the loan options best suited to your situation
- Contact your solicitor or conveyancer to ensure you have all necessary documents
- Get in contact with a property manager who will look after key collection to advertise and secure tenants for your property.
2 Months Before Settlement:
- Submit your loan application to your chosen lender with most recent payslips, employment details and bank account statements demonstrate income & saving pattern.
1 Month Before Settlement:
- Developers will typically invite a valuer to perform a valuation inspection
- Mortgage brokers should inform the bank to arrange valuation booking after the developer notifies the valuation access is available
Within 14 Days Of Settlement:
- The developer should contact you to nominate a time for an on-site pre-settlement inspection. This is where you will be allowed to inspect your soon to be home and ensure everything is in working order. If you are unable to attend the inspection in-person you may appoint your property manager or an independent building inspector to conduct a pre-settlement inspection on your behalf.
- Confirm that the balance of funds are ready for settlement
Settling a property is a great achievement and signifies an important step of building your investment portfolio. We understand this process can feel like a hassle at times and this is why Ironfish provides settlement support to customers via our dedicated Client Care team.
“We are incredibly proud of our service – and feel it’s a real point of difference,” said Ironfish Client Care Manager, Fiona Lau.
“Over the last 14 years, we have helped many thousands of investors settle their properties successfully. We appreciate that COVID-19 brings its own set of short-term challenges, but these set-backs are only temporary. We are here to help our customers at every step throughout their property investment journey long-term.”
Are you settling a property soon and need some additional support? Book a free appointment with us so we can see how we can help.